Monday, December 16, 2013

It happened again!

Today when we were going into work - the bus shut down again and asked us to get off!  Another 10 minute walk into the office.  We are looking into to taking the train all the way.  I think it would be a shorter walk from the train station.

Everyone smokes here.  You would think that such a health conscious society would be more savvy about smoking.  Every time we walk outside - we are breathing someones secondhand smoke.  I find it very irritating.  At least it is illegal to smoke inside a building - even if it is your own home.  Weird.

We put the order in to recover the 3 protocols that we have to redo.  We got 4 books done today but had to leave work 1/2 hour early because a guy from the bank was coming to look over the apartment.  Apparently the owner of the apartment wants to refinance.  He came at 4 and left at five after. 

Jeppe  came in and had us see what his 'naughty nisse' had done.  His desk and computer were all TP'd.  It was a masterful job and really quite pretty - with bows and knots in it.  It was very quiet at work today.  Just Jeppe, Bo and Stefan.  Frederick was in for a few hours with his son Tio (full name is Toben).  Frederick also hooked up our new computer screen.  It is long and twice and wide as our last one.  It was exactly what we needed.  Work went much easier today and we found out our first shuttle of records passed with flying colors.  There will be no rework on that one.  The guy from DHL is getting to know us and showing up in a timely fashion.  That was very important today.  It was a good day except that hadn't taken any pain meds when I went for our long walk this morning.  I have kind of been in a deficit all day.  It is the cobblestones that get me.  A sidewalk is wonderful around here but when we cross streets and courtyards - there are always cobblestones.  I will get used to eventually I am sure.

Pam asked me an interesting question last night.  She wanted to know if I can download books on my Kindle.  Yes I can with no problems.  It is the Prime movies that have licensing issues.  I have read some really fun books since our arrival.  I cannot believe we have been here a month!

No comments: