Saturday, December 28, 2013

Connie and the Sisters

Today our area Sister Missionaries, Sister Hale and Rogers, used our apartment to teach a woman from Shanghai named Connie.  It was a beautiful and sweet discussion.  Connie had had a few discussions about 3 years ago.  Apparently a member of the Church said we worshipped a different God than other people and this turned her off.  I am thinking surely she heard him wrong and that he said we worship God differently.  Clyde and I explained to her that the people of the world are not perfect but if we listen to the prophet and the Quorum of the 12, we will be lifted and know the truth.  Clyde and I happened to get 2 Liahona magazines in English this month.  I gave her one of the copies and you would have thought I had given her gold.  She was so thrilled we had a magazine in the Church that talked about our doctrine.  We will hopefully meet with her again on the 11th of January.  That will also get the Sisters time to get a Chinese Book of Mormon.  I think that will be of great benefit to her and easier to read than the English one she is working on right now.  Nothing like reading a book in your native language.

Clyde and I are getting our shopping system down.  It took less than an hour to get everything done.  It helps that we are shopping more so our load is not as great.  We must be on the edge of a weather front because my knees have just screamed at me all day long.  I hope it isn't snow.  I am okay with this mild winter.

We have been invited to another missionary couple's home for New Years Eve.  I don't want to go because of the horrible things that the guys in the office have said about the alcohol consumption on that holiday.  To take public transportation on that evening sounds scary to me.  We will try and see if they can bring us home.  Going shouldn't be too bad by I don't want to come home that way.  We do need to branch out and be friendlier.  I would just a soon go to work and come home to our peaceful apt.  Hopefully once it starts to get daylight again, I will be willing to venture out more.

No comments: