Friday, December 6, 2013

Easy Going Friday

We didn't go into work today for a variety of reasons.  The winds were still howling and there was sleet for most of the day.  The biggest reason we stayed home is the cold I had when we first got here is now plaguing Clyde.  We just read and took it easy.  He is feeling some better but doing the same thing tomorrow will be even better.  We do have to go to the grocery store and bakery.  We should probably run by the cheese and meat market too.  I just dread dragging all of those bags home.  Especially if tomorrow is like today.  We will see.  It is nice to have a free day once in a while.

We have decided that in order to go to the temple, we are going to take every other Friday off - just like we did in RI and attend here in Copenhagen.  It is not an easy trip and with it being an appointment only temple, we can only go at certain times.

Funny story, Sister Williams, the temple matron is Ruel Christiansons daughter.  She was born in the house we owned in Ephraim.  My grandma, Sarah Tuttle, taught her in 4-H.  She said she felt like we were related because our families were so important to each other.  I told her about her dad performing our temple ceremony and how grateful I was that he listened to the promptings of the Spirit.  She loved it and was going to write it down for her family.  We had a marvelous visit at Zone Conference. 

I must admit I have been quite homesick today.  Probably because it was the first day I could dwell on not being with family.  I will live and have a better day tomorrow.

1 comment:

Heidi Noel said...

You are just sad that St. Nick didn't visit you. :) I love you. feel better soon.