Sunday, December 22, 2013

Two Sundays in a Row!

We made it to Church again this week and sang in the ward choir.  We sang my most favorite Christmas Carol, 'Far, Far Away on Judea's Plains' (Langt, Langt Herfra in Danish).  The words made me think in that and in 'Silent Night'  (Stille Nat).  In Far, far away - it translated a long ways from here.  Judea's plains are never mentioned but the place where David lived is.  My most favorite part of the Silent Night in Danish was where instead of saying, 'sleep in heavenly peace' in Danish you sing, 'Sleeps peacefully in Maria's arms'.  There is no Mary in Danish - she is Maria.  I was touched by this beautiful day and the Spirit was so strong. 

In Relief Society we discussed the General Conference talk, "Redemption" by Elder Christopherson from the April Conference.  It was wonderful.  I could get the gist of the lesson, even though it was spoken in Danish.  Finally Henrietta came and sat by me and told me what was being said.  She also translates for us - there are 12 of us with headsets - during Sacrament Meeting.  One brother is Japanese and does not speak Danish.  He has to listen in English because that is the one common language we use.  There is a story in the talk 'Redemption' about indentured servants.  I don't know if my family is aware or not, but some of Clyde's ancestors came over as indentured servants.  We have family members that have experienced all types of lives in our family.

I started running a fever about halfway through Sacrament Meeting.  I would get really dizzy - wonderful considering I was standing for the choir numbers on the edge of a step.  Then I would get the chills and be freezing and then burning up so I wanted to run outside and cool down.  We were invited by a family for a Christmas Celebration but just came straight home.  I slept all afternoon. 

Tomorrow is another work day and then we are off until the New Year.  Right now, all I want to do is crawl back into bed.

No comments: