Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Today I am thankful for a Warm Place to Live!

We are being hit with gale force winds today along with sleet and possibly snow.  I am so thankful for a warm place to live, especially since other areas that were hit with Hurricane Sandy are also being hit with this same storm.  Many do not have power still and no where to go and be warm.  It is heartbreaking.  Our full time missionaries have been sent to help with the cleanup.  They were telling us about the devastation.  One said it looked like houses had been dumped on the Sahara - there was so much sand.  Both of these young men are used to deserts.  One is from Utah and the other from Texas - they know what a desert looks like.  They said it is was not a sight they expected to see on the East Coast.  I could tell it really affected them.  So today I am thankful for shelter, food and a warm place to be.  I hate that I have to go out in this but I will be thankful for that too.

No comments: