Saturday, November 24, 2012

I am Thankful for Life

I am grateful for my life and the lives of so many others.  The examples of family and friends have helped me throughout my life.  Life is one of the greatest gifts we have been given.  We need to make the most of it.

We attended a funeral for a brother in our ward yesterday.  Ron had some difficulties in this life but he always had a smile, a hug and a kind word.  What more could you want from a friend?  He did everything he was asked to do, with the seriousness and the responsibility that was due to the calling and office.  I have thought of the hole that his death is going to leave in my life.  Because of health issues, he has not been in Church for a couple of months.  I have missed him.  I wish I had been better about visiting him in the hospital.  Now I won't be able to see that contagious smile again in this life.  But, I know he is happy and all of the hard work that he did to remember and retain things in this life - will now pay off in the next.

No comments: