Friday, November 9, 2012

Today I am Thankful for the Gift of Sight

When I was 9 years old, I got my first pair of glasses.  Apparently I had needed them for a long time but hadn't realized that the world was fuzzy.  I was astonished how beautiful the world was.  My eyelids are drooping really bad and it is time to have them lifted - not for cosmetic reasons but because they are impinging on my sight.  I went in for a vision field test and actually failed more miserably than I was supposed too.  I have tunnel vision and the DR's are not sure why.  We are hoping that when I have my surgery in January, the light will heal much of the problem - otherwise they are going to have to look deep into some other causes.  I personally think it is a combination of not enough light and the floaters that I get so much since my pregnancy with Heidi.  Hopefully that is all that it is.

Sight has been on my mind a lot this week.  Today my father goes in for surgery to have the lens reattached on his good eye.  It has slipped and I can't imagine anything more miserable than seeing partially.  (For contact lens wearer - it would be like yours slipped down and you only saw through half or a third.)  My father has had kind of a rough week.  We are praying that this goes smoothly.  

No comments: