Saturday, November 17, 2012

I am Thankful for Acts of Service

Today Clyde and I were able to help one of his Home Teaching brothers, by picking up his car from the VA so his wife wouldn't have to fret about it.  Yesterday, I ran the session for a sister, because she was sick.  So many acts of service have been given to Clyde and me that I could never list them all but I am grateful for each and every one of them.  We are so blessed through these acts.  We learn to care for each other and love each other in a more Christlike way as we serve each other unselfishly.  Often we willingly serve people outside of our home more willingly than inside our home.  We should serve our families in the same manner we serve others - in fact we should probably serve them first and then seek out other opportunities afterwards.

No comments: