Tuesday, November 13, 2012

I am Thankful for the Beautiful Place I Live In...

 Yesterday, Clyde and I went and used his new binoculars.  I took pictures on my cheap camera of our bay and coastline.  I don't think anyone in our family but Pam and Chris know what a pretty little island we live on.  The above picture was taken at Brenton's Point looking out to Jamestown across the Narragansett Bay.
 This is the shot just below the sailboat shot.  That seagull was very busy.  He was very fun to watch.
 With Clyde's binoculars, we could see a family of ducks swimming just below where the waves are breaking.  In fact the white dots you see are are a few of them but mostly they were dark ducks - so they are not showing up.  We lost a lot of coastline with the hurricane and Nor'Easter that blew through here the last two weeks.
 This is a pictures of the Newport Bridge.  It is a suspension bridge like San Francisco's.  Ours is supposed to be longer but not as wide. I have become very fond of it.  I look for it when we fly in and when we come back from out of town.  It means we are almost home.
This was taken by Fort Adams in Newport.  I just thought it was pretty picture.  I hope to get better pictures of the coastline, etc in the near future because I have ordered a new and better camera.  I am waiting for its arrival.  I am hoping that a camera will make my walks more fun.  I am always taking pictures in my mind anyway - may as well snap away with the real thing.  This is how Clyde and I spent our day yesterday.  We had a wonderful day, relaxing, sightseeing and I got my exercise in too boot!

No comments: