Monday, November 26, 2012

I am Thankful for Music

I love music.  I love to sing, listen to music - in fact without music, my life would not be what it is.  Music calms me, lifts me and basically makes my life better.  I love classical music, old rock and roll, country - in fact I can listen to any kind of music but Jazz.  For some reason Jazz just irritates me.  Most others I can at least tolerate. 

During the holiday season, I love Christmas music.  I usually have one Christmas Carol that grabs me and seems more powerful than others that season.  For some reason Faith Hill's, "A Baby Changes Everything" is that song this season.  Maybe because each baby that has come into my life has changed it so much but as we come into the Christmas Season, we need to really think how much our lives have been changed by Jesus Christ. 

I love listening to old rock and roll because it takes me back to my youth.  That inevitably reminds me of some pretty fun times with my brother and sister.

Classical music reminds me of my father.  He taught me to love it in the first place.  There are certain pieces in particular that I hear that transport me to places where I first heard the music played, sitting by my father in our living room or concert hall.  I guess that is why music is so important to me - it reminds me of my family.

No comments: