Thursday, November 15, 2012

I am Grateful for my Father

Yesterday was Archie Maynard Brugger's birthday.  I completely spaced it.  I hit the ground running and didn't stop until last night.  I have so few days like that - everything else flies out of my head when I get busy.  Happy Belated Birthday, Dad.  I love you.

I am stealing the above picture from my daughter, Carianne and her husband, Carl.  It is my background picture on my computer and makes me smile every time I look at it.  Each of my daughters know they are special to their Popi.  I know he is my very own personal father.  That was a code I used when I needed to talk to him privately while I was growing up.  I still use it when I am distressed.  My father, has always been there for me, and as I look back on my life, I realize I was very demanding.  I am quite ashamed at how selfish I was of my time with him.  I love him dearly and feel so blessed that he is my dad.

No comments: