Saturday, February 28, 2009

Update on the Kindle

I guess that I should say that part of the reason Clyde got me the Kindle is that I am reading 1 or 2 novels a day because I am trapped in the recliner with my 'Dyna-splint' until my left leg gets straight for 8 hours everyday. That could be anywhere from 3 weeks to 2 more months! Clyde was tired of taking me to the library a couple of times a week and they rarely had what I wanted (we have a very small branch library) and so then we would go to Barnes and Noble. That was getting expensive and our tiny apartment literally has floor to ceiling bookcases in every room - including the dining room. Our living room is now down to two recliners and my burgundy rocker because the bookcases crowded out the couch. The hope is that the Kindle will satisfy my reading needs and get the books out of the house! I just gave the library 5 books (they were books that weren't worth sharing with the family) and I have a stack to go to the girls plus I currently have books strung out all over the ward that people are borrowing. Last night I was going through the Top 10 best sellers and I had read most all of them but "The Shack" and I am not interested in reading that. I have tried and I am not going to waste my time. The book I did choose was in the 90's of the bestsellers - so not bad. I am still loving it and really excited about having it. I wonder what my next book will be?

No comments: