Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Yesterday

Yesterday was Taylor Halverson's 9th birthday. She invited me to go with her and her mom, sister and best friend to Build-a-Bear and then to dinner. We had a wonderful time. Sarah Workman (Taylor's best friend) turned 10 on February 16, so I had already given them their birthday presents. They both wanted the Webkinz 'pink glitter fish'. Taylor named hers 'Lovely' but Sarah can't decide between 'Beautiful' and 'Belle'. Both of these girls are in my 'Girl's Achievement' class at Church so I love them so much anyway but for some reason these two especially have a special place in my heart. Yesterday, Taylor decided that she is going to call me 'Grandma' from now on. Fine with me. Ashley and Taylor are both like granddaughter's to me.

Ashley and I built a bear for a new sister in the ward, Bryn Booker, that is having a baby any day now. I can't go to her shower tomorrow because of my leg being in the brace but I will send it with Ashley's mom, Karyn. We had a great time building the bear, putting the heartbeat in it and dressing it. I was very glad I had Ashley there to help me. I know that it will eventually be this new little boys favorite bear.

It is fun to have grandchildren even if I can't get close to my own. But after an afternoon like yesterday it really makes me lonesome for my own. I kept thinking about our experience at Build-a-Bear almost exactly one year ago to the day and how much fun yet how chaotic that was! Made for an even more bittersweet experience yesterday.

1 comment:

Karyn said...

We are so glad you came to Build a Bear with us!!! We love you!
Have a happy birthday!!
Love,
Karyn