Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Sarah' Key - A Book Review


I just finished reading the most amazing book. This was not going to be the book I was going to review. I hadn't planned on finishing the book in one day. I was very reluctant to read the book in the first place. I didn't want to read another downer book and this book is about the holocaust. It turned it out to be very well written and I literally could not put it down until I finished it.
Until Sarah finds out about her brother the first part of the book switches between the modern protaganist, Julia and the 1942, Sarah. Once we find out about Sarah's brother then it stays in the modern day. I will give too much away if I tell anymore. It is part mystery, which I love and part history, which I also love so this was really my kind of book. It takes place in Paris, somewhere I dream of going someday. Now to just wait for next month and book group so we can discuss it. It was supposed to be February's book but it was loaned out so far that we weren't sure people would be able to get it read (there is a several week waiting list Rhode Island state wide for the book). I went ahead and bought it because I had a 15% discount plus it was discounted on the shelf. Ended up being a good deal.
The book is "Sarah's Key" by Tatiana de Rosnay. There is one word in the whole book that I would say is objectionable and there are no sexual inuendos to offend anyone. I think that this would be a book that even our YA audience could read without offense.

No comments: