Monday, February 9, 2009

Monday's Hero and Heroine

Before I get started I need to say thank you to my granddaughter Anneke. She and her mommy, Heidi set up my background. Anneke is now in charge of my background (just ask her).
Since our son-in-law, Brandon Nordell's birthday is Friday, he will be the major focus of my 'Hero' Monday. I have liked Brandon for years. Heather has followed him around since she was about 15. I liked him then. He was the assitant manager of a restaurant for a while after he graduated High School and he would come out and talk to us whenever we ate there. Heather would always get tongue tied and be bashful - very un-Heather like - if she was with us. But Brandon has always been very personable and likable. I almost blew all chances of Heather ever seeing him though when he came back into her life this last time. Brandon sent his friend to the door to see if Heather was home. Heather had dated Jason and their last date had ended something like Jason saying, "Let's be the kind of friends that don't talk to each other." I was almost slammed the door in his face but my father grabbed the door and welcomed him in MY house! Jason stammered around for a minute and finally got out that he and his friend Brandon were looking for Heather. Well that changed everything. They kept missing Heather for the rest of the day so I finally sent them to where Heather worked (she was working the night shift at a nursing home so I knew it would be OK). After that we didn't see Heather again except when she was sleeping or changing her clothes for the rest of Brandon's leave from Italy. A few weeks after he got back to Italy, Brandon called Clyde and asked to marry Heather. Clyde asked, "Why?" Brandon said, "Because I love her, Sir." I am happy to report that I think by the time Chris asked Clyde - he was finally better about his responses than he had been with Andy and Brandon.


We welcomed Brandon in the family in August - WOW - will it be 8 years this August? When Brandon left to go with Heather on their honeymoon, I said, "Good luck with her." Brandon said, "I am Petruchio and she is my Kate. When you see after we come home from Italy - you won't even know her." In many respects that is true. Heather is a much more mellow person than she was before Brandon and for that I am grateful. Brandon is a patient and remarkable man. He is a great father and husband. I am so thankful he is our son-in-law.


Heather has always told us exactly how it is. She has gotten so much better now but it is funny when Bella does the same things her mother does. Now she has Evie - who is really giving her a run for her money. Heather is definately a night owl. She is at her best after 5 in the evening. She is not a morning person and NEVER has been. She is really the only one in the family that cannot be a morning person EVER. But as with our other daughters' she is an amazing wife and mother. One thing about our daughters' is they are far superior wives and mothers than I ever was. I admire them for the outstanding Daughters of our Heavenly Father they are.

1 comment:

Heidi Noel said...

Good job with the picture. You are getting better.