Monday, February 2, 2009

Monday's Heroines

I actually have 3 heroines today - Genevieve Randall, Holly Ward and Marie Hamill. These are all young married women that have lived in our ward but have moved on. I love each of them dearly.

Genevieve had a very rough time getting pregnant and finally she was able to carry Parker and Penelope full term. In fact the twins didn't want to come they were so comfortable in there! But the pregnancy was rough and Genevieve had to have several blessings in order to get the twins here. I admire her courage and faith. She has taught me quiet patience and the gentle love that she always has had with her.

Holly has struggled for years with infertility. I ache for her. She and Nathan desperately want a child. Having been in that boat, I know how they feel. I admire Holly for the fact she is usually upbeat and optimistic. She knows that she will overcome this hurdle and somehow they will be blessed with the family the Lord wants them to have. Holly and Nathan are truly like our own children and of all the people that have come and gone from Newport Ward, I really miss them.

Marie is an amazing person that knows if the Lord asks her, she can do it. She and Adam have an amazing faith that I marvel at and wish I could emulate better. Marie was here several weeks ago with her baby son for a visit. She is still the daughter of our Heavenly Father that would make any of us proud.

All three of these women at one time or another served in our YW presidency. Our YW were extremely lucky to have them. There example is the kind that will serve them well throughout their lives.

4 comments:

MOSblue said...

Becky, you are SO thoughtful! :) Thank you so much for that. It's so nice to be thought of. :) Miss you!!

MOSblue said...

Your other two heroines are mine as well. :)

Genevieve said...

That is so sweet of you, it was a rough road but it sure was worth it!!

Holly said...

We love you two too. I always thought of you as my adopted mother while we lived out there. We still think and talk of you often and hope to someday live near you again.
{hugs}