Monday, February 23, 2009

Hero Monday

Todays heroes are the Raposa's. Greg is Clyde's second counselor in the bishopric and Sheila is the Education counselor in ther Relief Society Presidency. Sheila is also my 'birthday sister' in that we share the same birth date (we were both born February 26). The Raposa's are the most Christlike people I have ever met. I would say that 85% of the good works that no one knows about in the ward, are because of the Raposa's. They just quietly do. Before Greg was called into the bishopric even more of their good works went under the radar. A lot of the people in the ward don't even know who they are or have an inkling that they have such and such because of the Raposa's. I only know because my sweetheart occasionally tells me. I doubt I know half of their good works. Greg is in pain all the time because of physical problems but he knows that if he prays and puts his mind to it that he can control the pain without meds. He is amazing to watch.

Both of the Raposa's literally pulled themselves up from the 'projects' and became educated. Sheila just retired as one of the area Vice Presidents for one of the East coasts large banks. She is still sitting on the boards of the charitable groups and working with the organizations she was involved with while working at the bank. She finds time to come in and teach the Faith in God girls the importance of money quarterly. Sheila is also a temple worker and helps the regional employment. The more I get to know this couple, the more I realize how lacking I am in the gospel and the more in awe I am of them. They are truly some of the most Christlike people I have ever met in my life. I am grateful to be able to associate with them and call them my friends.

No comments: