Friday, February 6, 2015

It will feel better when it quits hurting.

As long as I can remember - my father would say that when were sick or otherwise distressed (unless it was truly serious).  Last night he whispered that to me as I slept.  It will eventually feel better but it will never feel the same.

I went back to work today for the first time since I found out about Dad.  I love my office mates!  Jeppe, Lars, Daniel and Mads, all held me.  It was so wonderful to feel so much love.  They asked thoughtful questions and truly wanted to help me through the grieving process.  Elisabeth sent me home a beautiful bouquet of flowers yesterday.  (My granddaughter, Evie, said they were the most beautiful thing she had ever seen!).  Elisabeth told me that she had been living in Minnesota when her mother died unexpectedly.  She understands how helpless I feel.  Mads surprised me the most.  He said that in the coming years, when I die, my father will be there with his arms outstretched (I immediately thought - 'Yes, my father and my Heavenly Father').  I have spoken with Mads about eternal families several times.  I guess it stuck.  How blessed I am with this wonderful group of friends to support me.  It is the next best thing to being with my actual family.

No comments: