Thursday, February 12, 2015

I hope I have learned my lesson this time

I have a very kind and loving Heavenly Father that repeatedly tries to get through my thick skull.  I am quick to judge and a blabbermouth - so the combination can lead to misunderstandings and hurt feelings.  The hurt feelings this time were mine for judging harshly without knowing the full story.

I have corresponded with many people via email.  I have noticed a bad pattern in that as I interpret the email to my feelings - it is always harsh.  One woman I write, looked to me to be unbending and truly quite unpleasant.  That was how I interpreted her letters.  It turned out she has many responsibilities that made her ask the questions she asked and do the things she did.  I know I am not putting this well, but when we met - I met a gracious loving woman.  I was quite frankly astonished.  She was nothing like I envisioned.  Now - how long will I remember this lesson and not judge or jump to the worse conclusions - Heaven only knows.

It was a good day.  We had visitors again today and that took up an hour and 1/2 of our time.  We only had 60 pages to complete 3 books today but Clyde had to focus on the visitors and not the end goal.  We left work late because of the visitors and didn't get home until almost 5.  Tomorrow is our temple day.  I am looking forward to that.

No comments: