Monday, February 9, 2015

A Celebration

Today is my father's funeral.  It will be a celebration of his life with all of the family there together.  They will retell stories and have a wonderful day.  I do wish we could be there but it isn't happening.  I will say my final goodbye when we return in April.

It was a glorious day.  There was abundant sunshine.  It was in the mid 40's and fun to walk out without hat or gloves. 

We did struggle with the two books we did today.  With D-cam acting up and the poor condition of the books - they each took us 2 hours and 40 minutes.  Clyde gets driven and I have to put my foot down to take breaks.  Sitting for hours on end is not good for anyone.  Sometimes he listens - most of the time he plows ahead while I walk and get a drink.

The guys at work were surprised to see me there today.  They thought I would be to devastated to come in.  I am made of tougher stuff than that.  They have been so sweet to me.

No comments: