Thursday, February 26, 2015

Happy Birthday to me!

I made a Texas Sheet Cake for the office.  I had not realized how Danish our tastes have become.  I had a very small square of cake and was almost nauseated from the sugar.  I will have to find ways to reduce the sugar in desserts when we get home so we can eat them.  It surely won't hurt us.  The only people in the office that enjoyed it were people that had lived stateside for a considerable period of time.  The rest had a 'no thank you bite' and left the rest alone.  Pretty funny

Mads was truly shocked when I told him I was 62.  He said he had thought we are in our mid 50's - tops.  Bo said that I look younger everyday!  Love these wonderful people. 

Our date has been set for our going away reception.  It is 21 April from 2-4 p.m.  You are all invited to attend.  It shouldn't be too hard to get here for it.  Clyde was teasing Jeppe and asked, "Is the mayor giving us a key to the city?"  Jeppe thought he was serious and said the mayor is giving us a citation for the wonderful amount of work we have done.  It should be interesting.

There is a young kid that rides our bus in the mornings.  He and his mother sit right around us everyday.  Lately he tries to catch my eye so I will smile at him.  Yesterday his mother told him to stop.  I hope he realizes that I think it is as fun as he does.  He is about 13 or 14.

There is a father with a baby girl that rides our bus in the afternoons.  Since she was itty bitty - 16 months ago, he gets on almost everyday and takes care of this sweet little girl.  I really admire him.  I have never seen his wife but have heard him talking to his daughter about her mom.

1 comment:

Marianne said...

Happy Birthday to the best sister ever!!! I love you and am looking forward to seeing you again.