Thursday, November 6, 2014

Thankful Day 6

Today I am thankful for 11 beautiful grandchildren.  Our grandchildren are as beautiful within as they are in appearance.  We are very blessed.

I am home today while Clyde goes to work.  I am about 4 days behind him with this cold.  I am hoping tomorrow I am up for it but if not then Monday for sure.  It is Stake Conference this weekend and I would really like the energy to attend that.

I have been thinking about prayer for some reason today.  When I was a teenager, I would pray about everything.  I used prayer like a Genii in the bottle.  If I wanted something, I would pray for it - whether it was a new dress, our team to win, etc.  I left everything up to the Lord.  When I was in my 20's, there were times I didn't rely on the Lord enough.  I would get angry because of a miscarriage or Clyde not getting a job and basically throw a tantrum and say, 'I will do it myself'.  In my late 20's I finally found a balance that worked.  I said my prayers, did my personal scripture study every day and prayed about the big things in my life.  I have always known that the Lord loves me and knows me by name.  I tend to talk to the Lord like Tevye in Fiddler on the Roof.  Sometimes I just need to counsel with someone.  Other times there are secrets I have been asked to keep and I need to talk through the situation.  I will find myself discussing it with the Lord.  I don't expect great revelations but do know that the Lord will guide me in my decisions if I don't abuse the prayer and I am sincere in my hopes and requests.  It is great blessing to have a relationship with Heavenly Father.

No comments: