Saturday, November 15, 2014

Thankful Day 15:

Today I am grateful for a warm coat, hat, gloves and warm winter boots.  It is getting colder and colder PLUS the dreaded wind blows all of the time again.  I liked it better when the wind didn't blow but that is what winter is about - gale force winds. 

Today we went with the Thorne's - the mission office couple and had a driving tour of the outer edge of the island where Copenhagen is.  We went to Roskilde and I bought two wool hand knit felted hats.  Boy was I glad that we got them.  I was warm and toasty and the wool didn't bother me (mostly because the hats never touch my skin - just cover up my hair.)  If for no other reason, today was a worth it just for that.  We saw the sea wall of Denmark and watched sugar beets get plowed up.  As the plow went through, the birds, especially seagulls - were right behind the plow.  There were thousands of them - it was quite a sight.  We were supposed to go to Tivoli today but it didn't work out.  We will have time during our Christmas break.  Looking forward to that and glorious Sabbath Day tomorrow.

No comments: