Monday, November 17, 2014

Thankful Day 17:

Today I am thankful for the beauty that is Denmark - both its people and scenery.

Today the archive had a party for our one year anniversary.  They gave us a copy of the Hans Christian Andersen's fairy tales in Danish.  The book is red because they know it is one of my favorite colors.  A news article went out about us being here and what we have been doing.  I told Peter, in the interview - that I had come to love the young men as my sons.  They all came in and told me they thought of us as parents.  Mads said, "I see you much more than I see my own parents and I like you just as much."  Lars said that he really likes having a second mother.  I really do care about those guys.

Bo has come up with a program they are going to use for indexing here in Denmark.  He is really getting a lot of attention for this.  The archive personnel are excited to show it to us.

No comments: