Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Thankful Day 11:

Today I am grateful for the Veterans of the Armed Services.  My father was a 'lifer' in the Army as a Surgeon.  My father-in-law was a draftee of the Army Air Corp in WWII.  My son-in-law, Brandon Nordell was also a long time service veteran in the Air Force - leaving this last summer for civilian life after long years of service.  I am proud of these men and other people that I have known through the years.  Being an Army BRAT has been an important and wonderful part of my life - especially my younger years. 

Today was a weird but wonderful day.  Peter came from the downtown office to interview us for our 1 year anniversary on Monday.  It is a nice article and hopefully we will be able to share it next week sometime.  We spent about 1 hour with him.  Then we ended up visiting with several of our office mates and catching up with people that we just haven't had a time to visit with for a while.  We spent over an hour and a 1/2 visiting today instead of camera time.  However it was an important part of what we do here.  Besides, we care about these people very much.  We only shot 3 books but one of the books was equivalent to more than 2 books - so we had a good day at work.

It has been a wonderful day.  I was visiting with Jeppe this morning and told him that my allergies have been really acting up lately.  He said they should be fine now there is no pollen.  I said that would be great but one of my sensitivities is to mold.  Bo said, "Then you will be blowing your nose until April - won't you?"  Made me laugh but yes I will.

No comments: