Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Who were your best friends from childhood and what were they like?

My true lifelong best friend from childhood and to this day is my sister, Marianne.  We have relied on each other, cried on each others shoulders and teased each other for 57 years.  Just like any relationship - we have had our ups and downs but I have always know that Marianne was my best friend and would always be.

When I was little until I was about 10 really - my best friend was Buddy Collie.  I think about it now and our relationship was almost brother and sister, we were that close.  We would get annoyed with each other one minute and vow we never wanted to speak to each other ever again and 5 minutes later be doing something else in perfect harmony.  We would literally walk in and out of each others houses as if they were our own because that is the kind of relationship our families had with each other.  When we lived in San Antonio, if I needed something and my parents weren't home, I would go to Aunt Lex, Buddy's mom for whatever and know she would fix it and vice versa with Buddy.  The last time I saw Buddy, he was planning on going to medical school and becoming an orthopedic surgeon in his father's practice.

My high school best friend was and is Nancy Lee Oliver.  Nancy Lee is Mr. Lee's daughter.  She was always in his store in Ephraim, Utah and she was a good friend to me in high school.  When we moved back to Ephraim in the 1990's, she lived in our ward and just the block over from us.  We once again picked up our friendship, only this time with our husbands.  We had some great times together.  Whenever we are in Sanpete for any length of time, we swing in to see the Olivers.  They are still our good friends.

No comments: