Monday, February 11, 2013

Did you play a sport, and what did you like best about it?

The only thing remotely athletic I did was ballet.  I loved it.  I danced until I was 8 and then Mom pulled me out because she was afraid I was going to get fat muscular legs.  Cyd Charisse owned my studio and would come in and give dance lessons periodically.  I had no idea who she was - just that she was incredibly beautiful and graceful.  She also dressed in beautiful clothes and was tall.  Suzannah Winston has alway reminded me of my dance teacher - therefore of Cyd Charisse. 

My teachers actually thought I was good enough to move on and up but Mom did not want me too.  I didn't care.  Besides we moved not too long after that to Germany and then I lost all interest.  I was pretty good at gymnastics in school but Mom was always afraid I would turn into a 'Brunhilde' and would never let me pursue that either.

No comments: