Tuesday, February 19, 2013

What some of the favorite things you have done with your children?

Before school started each year, I would go one on one with each of the girls and we would go school shopping.  We would spend a couple of hours just focused one them.  As they got older it became the day.  I love those memories.  When they were teenagers, the girls kind of decided that they would rather go together so we would all head out and spend the day.  We would have so much fun, but I would find other days just to spend one on one.

When I was attending U.T.S.A, a couple of times a week, Heather, Heidi and Pam and I would go to Fiesta Texas and just unwind.  Occasionally we would grab my nieces, the Dittmar girls too.  We had a good time.  Sometimes we just spent an hour there and other times stayed until it closed.

I loved getting ready for the holidays.  I loved making cookies with my daughters and dying Easter eggs.  We made Valentines cookies and I have lots of cookie cutters to prove it.  It hasn't been quite the same without them.  This was one thing I looked forward to doing with Grandchildren.  The one year I spent with a grandchild (Bella) getting ready for the holidays was the last I have done any real baking for.  We had a great time together.

As a family we frequently played board and card games together.  I miss that.

No comments: