Saturday, February 16, 2013

How did you spend your free time before you had kids?

Pretty much like I always have and do now.  I read a lot.  I was also into counted cross stitch and I did that.  I made some beautiful samplers and preferred working with the tiniest of stitches - something that is not even possible now.   I also Tole Painted and really enjoyed doing that.  That is something I have not done since. 

Just before Carianne was born, Clyde was working with the 4-H clubs in the El Paso, Texas area.  I was often helping him and we were able to spend most of our days together.  We were really busy.  Up to that time I actually pined away my time wishing for a baby.  When I was finally pregnant with Carianne, I was so busy, I was quite irritated to be put to bed for most of the pregnancy.  Now, I am so grateful that I was patient and did what I was supposed to do. 

It was during this time of working with Clyde in the 4-H that we realized we work really well together.  Because of that we are looking forward to our mission because we know that part of it will be something that will go fairly smoothly.

No comments: