Saturday, June 21, 2014

Midsummer's Day

One of my favorite movies is Enchanted April.  In that movie, one of the women comes in to supper and announces that she has had another good day.  I feel like that.  Today was spent relaxing, doing laundry and getting the shopping ready for a week.  We also went in and got our hair cuts done because the place where we go shuts down next week until the first of August.  One of the co-owners that does our hair, is going with her family to Turkey.  That is where her parents are from.  She loved telling me all of her plans.  I really like going there just because she is not terribly expensive and she is a genuinely nice person.

I keep forgetting to post this.  The other day there was a school class getting  off of the train.  They were all hurrying along except for Sofee.  HE was dawdling and lagging really far behind.  Just as the train started pulling out of the station, Sofee reached out and touched the moving train.  He was so proud and thought he had gotten away with something.  One of the men in the group came and picked Sofee up by the arm and lectured him up the escalator.  How do I know his name was Sofee - he had a nametag on.  What did this remind me of - Nemo in Finding Nemo, touching the BUTT!

I guess if we start going the new way to work, I will miss my quirky commute associates.  There is the lady with the very curly and quite ugly mullet.  There is the little man (he is my height) that comes to the train everyday just 2 minutes before it pulls in.  There is the lady that always smiles at me and gives me her seat.  Nodding acquaintances but a bright spot to my morning.  I am sure the same thing will happen on the bus. 

Midsummer is a big deal here.  We will have 17 1/2 hours of daylight today.  That is our payoff for 17 1/2 hours of dark in December.  There was a wedding on the green between our house and the houses and apartments next to us.  I was serenaded all afternoon with Beatles songs and some other fun 60's and 70's music.  This has been a beautiful day.

No comments: