Thursday, June 26, 2014

And The Thunder Rolls...

Today we had an afternoon of severe thunderstorms.  I was afraid we would have to shut down but we were okay.  We had our best day ever with 9 books and over 6 hours of camera time.  However we got our first rejection.  We will have to wait and see what it is all about.  I am thinking they think we are cocky and needed to be knocked down a peg.  It just seems fishy to have 436 pages out of focus.  One or two, I could understand but not practically a whole book.  If they are looking for perfection - they won't find it in these books.

After work we went to a reception at city hall for a Facebook group called Old Copenhagen.  They had booths and pictures.  For a treat they had Danish pancakes with vanilla pudding and glazed almonds rolled inside.  It was served cold as a dessert and was wonderful.  It might be a treat we make when we come back.  Elisabeth, one of our colleagues at work, was talking to me about Danish pancakes.  I told her I grew up with sugar in the middle.  She laughed and said the poor people's way.  Then she was a bit more serious and said that is how most Dane's love them but sugar is very expensive here so the find ways to stretch it.  I am so glad we went because Jeppe was really tickled to see us.  Apparently it was a must attend for everyone in the office because everyone that was at work today was there.

I cannot believe how much better I feel now we are going a different way to work PLUS it is a long enough ride that I can knit.  I know the reason we are working better and longer is because we both feel really good instead of dragging and feeling miserable the whole time.  It is a real blessing.

No comments: