Thursday, June 5, 2014

Constitution Day

Today is a day of National Observance.  Not all businesses will be closed but on Monday it is a national holiday and then most everything will be shut down.  Monday is Whit Monday. 

Yesterday when we got on the elevator with a woman we ride the elevator with most days of the week, she asked me about our name badges.  It caught me so off guard that I started to explain in English but then I switched to Danish.  She asked how long we would be in Denmark.  I said 'Until April'.  She said, 'Good'.  We have been riding the elevator with her for 6 months.  She even punches the floor button for us when she gets on and does hers. I just assumed it would be a nodding acquaintance.  Now she feels like she knows us. 

Tomorrow is a work day.  Hopefully we can put in a headache free work day.  Not much to report because we stayed at home all day except for Clyde going to the corner store for milk and ice cream.  He brought home white chocolate and hazelnuts.  Can't wait to have some.


No comments: