Wednesday, June 4, 2014

A walk through my Wednesday

This morning on our way to work, I saw a woman about my age in a purple print broomstick skirt with 6 inches of 'yellow and green pajama bottoms' hanging below it and black and white high tops.  She was on her way to work.

Clyde found a little second grade penmanship booklet filled in by Margrete about 1895 (according to the copyright on the booklet).  It was beautiful cursive handwriting.  I didn't want it to get lost in the school protocols again, so I gave it to Elizabeth.  Elizabeth is over our end of the archives.  She was like a little girl with a new doll.  She fussed with that book all morning to try and find where they should put it.  The final decision was that they may give it to the National Museum for the schoolroom display from that era.  I said if the wanted to frame it and keep it downtown, they could loan it to the museum.  Elizabeth really liked that idea.

Mads, Lars, Jeppe and Elizabeth don't like that Clyde has to work by himself when I am not up to coming in.  They all welcomed me back today, making sure I was okay.  Mads kept doing a happy dance every time he saw me.

Clyde and I came home early with migraines.  I had the aura and 'black spot' in the center of my vision and Clyde had the twinkly lights that obscured his.  It was just not prudent to go on.  I came home and slept for an hour.  I feel some better but have the 'hangover' for my trouble.

Tomorrow is a holiday but no one seems to know quite why it is a national holiday.  How I love living here.

No comments: