Saturday, June 7, 2014

An Abundance of Bananas

At the archive, we receive a box of fruit every week.  In it are bananas, nectarines, peaches, pears, apples and oranges.  It is a huge box and everyone is invited to have fruit everyday.  For some reason, this week the box did not show up on Monday like it always does.  It came on Wednesday when everyone was taking a 5 day weekend.  When Clyde and I went in on Friday, almost all of the fruit was still there.  There were 15 bananas that were over ripe yesterday - so imagine if we left it until Tuesday.  We would have had fruit flies galore.  So I brought them home and stuck them in the freezer.  Yesterday we bought a couple of loaf pans and today I finally made some banana bread.  It turned out pretty good.  I forget with a convection oven that you cut the cooking time, but I still ended up with really good banana bread.  I only need to make 8 more loaves to use up the bananas in the freezer!  I am sure more will be coming this week.

2 comments:

Heidi Noel said...

Make more and bring them in to work, or freeze them. That works well. Now I want banana bread. Haha.

Grandma Bailey said...

I made two more loaves today and will make two more tomorrow. Monday we are having dinner at the Mission President's home. I will take a loaf as a hostess gift and then take in a couple of loaves to work on Wednesday.