Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Book Review

Today I want to write about Natalie S. Bober. She wrote a book about Abigail Adams that I read last summer. She didn't interject her opinions, she just used letters and journals of Abigail to let Abigail tell her own story. As I have read other works of Natalie's, I have noted she works the same way. I just finished reading Thomas Jefferson, Drafstmans of a Nation by Natalie. The reason I read it was because I was watching a Ken Burns special on President Thomas Jefferson and he had Natalie Bober on as one of the authorities. I suddenly started noticing her more and more on PBS specials about famous people. She apparently has caught other peoples attention for her honest approach to her subject matter. I highly recommend her writing because she lets the protaganist tell the story.

As I have been reading so much lately I have gravitated back to what our daughters' called 'Grandma's trashy novels'. Mom loved Danielle Steele novels and looked forward to the new ones. I have not read a Danielle Steele novel since Mom's death. It wasn't because I didn't like them I just didn't have anyone to give them to me anymore. The other day someone did. I have 8 years of novels to catch up on now. I thoroughly enjoy her story telling. It is not near the trash that most adult authors go for nowadays. I found it quite refreshing. I think I will read her more often.

1 comment:

Heidi Noel said...

Yuck. Still cannot read danielle Steele. I enjoyed one, but I can't stand all the sex...The other book mentioned sounds good though.