Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Book Review

I love Edith Pattou! She is a great writer. I fell in love with her writing when I read East by her. Pam had given it to me to read during my recovery. I read it very quickly because I couldn't put it down! This week I ordered from our library system her, Hero's Song. I was not disappointed. I had been reading Eragon and Eldest while I was waiting for this to come in because the YM and YW had been talking about how much they loved it. I like this so much better. It is a well written story and kept my interest much better. I truly cannot wait to read Fire Arrow. I have ordered it and am waiting for the library to call and tell me that it is in.

Another fun series that I have thoroughly enjoyed is Nancy Atherton's 'Aunt Dimity' books. The catch to these fluffy mysteries is that Aunt Dimity speaks to the protaganist through a diary. It takes place in England and is really a fun read. I really do read a lot of mysteries don't I? I love how they are so improbable and fun. My favorite thing to do on Tuesday afternoons is to watch our local PBS station. They have been running the whole Miss Marple series of Agatha Christie and that has been an absolute delight. The woman that plays Miss Marple in these 2005-2007 renditions is exactly how I envisioned Miss Marple when I was a young girl and had never seen a movie to have my mind made up. She truly is a sweet, British aunt that you would go and visit.

I know that I usually write my book review on Tuesday but yesterday got away from me with finishing Hero's Song, Miss Marple and the Newport Genealogy Society last night.

No comments: