Monday, October 13, 2008

Monday's Hero

I have been thinking a lot about today's hero and once again I have two. The first once is my niece Julianna Dittmar. She is currently on a mission in Uruguay for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. She is an amazing young woman and always has been but as I have been reading her letters the last 9 months, I am astonished at how much she has grown. She is a dynamic and energetic missionary. She wants so badly to serve the Lord and do all the things that He wants her to do. On top of being a missionary, she is also the Young Women's leader for their little branch. She is truly spreading her wings and flying high.

My other hero is Lucille Mueller. She has been my friend since we very first moved to Kerrville. She has always been there for me as an individual and us as a family as has her husband, Harold. Life has not been very easy for her but for the most part Lucille has looked on it with optimism and joy. When others were too busy to care, Lucille was there and has always been there. She truly knows what a friend is and more than that what a Sister in Zion is all about.

2 comments:

Cari said...

Julianna is one of my heroes, too! But then, I think that all of the Dittmars are in their own way. I am so thankful and blessed to have them as family and examples for my children!

Heidi Noel said...

OWEY, OWEY, OWEY! Remember that? She sure has matured. ;) I haven't heard from her in a while. Why don't I get her letters anymore?