Monday, October 27, 2008

My heroes

Today is a tribute to our daughters' mother-in-laws. I really like them all and I think that if I lived in an area where I had a chance to develop the friendship with anyone of them - we would end up being very good friends. Since Pat Pfiester was the first one in the family, she and I have the longest relationship. She has been nothing but kind and gracious from the moment I first met her. There is something about Texas women that makes them both strong and sweet. How you can get that combination and still keep your femininity is baffling to anyone else but in Texas it works. That describes Pat. I don't know the others nearly as well. It seems that when I go to Texas I ended up staying for such long periods of time - especially when Carianne was threatening to lose both Noah and Nathanael to miscarriage that Pat and I ended up very close. We were fighting for our babies lives. But that does not diminish the other mother-in-laws. When I was with Heather because she was so morning sick, Carolyn (and Larry) came down several times to check on Heather and Bella, even though Brandon was in Kuwait. As soon as Pam went into labor, Kelly was booking her flight to be with Pam and Chris because she knew I couldn't be there. I will always be grateful to her for that. Shirley has always been closer in proximity to the Bahlmann's so they know her better than me. Each family has a grandma that dotes on them when the other is busy. I am very grateful for that. We are lucky to have the family that we have - full of loving grandmothers.

2 comments:

Cari said...

What sweet words about my mother in law - she is an amazing women, and I am so blessed to have two amazing moms!

Heidi Noel said...

A very nice tribute. I am glad that I can feel comfortable with any of my sister's in-laws. It makes family gatherings less awkward.