Sunday, March 1, 2015

Raindrops falling all around...

It has been raining pretty much all day.  As we were getting our coats on to go to Church this morning - Clyde suggested I bring an extra pair of socks.  I am so glad I did.  My shoes were soaking and had soaked my stockings too.  I put on a pair of knee highs that didn't exactly match my outfit but were thick and warm.  I just went around in stocking feet for church.  When we got ready to leave, my gloves, stockings and shoes were still wet.

Today we had a baby blessing.  One of the things I noticed was the father kept the baby snuggled up against him.  Everyone else in the circle put their hands on the baby.  Elliott was content all the way through his blessing.  I glanced up once and started to cry.  The way Sebastian was holding Elliott - it looked like he was speaking right to him.  It was beautiful.  We ordinarily have 4 children in Primary.  Today we 18.  It was quite extraordinary. 

It has been a pleasant day.  In Relief Society Anna taught us from President Uchtdorf's Relief Society message from 2011 - 'The Forget-me-not' talk.  What I came away with is that we need to be happy in doing the things of God.  We all have emotions and we should use them.  We will never be 'giddy' happy all of the time.  But the happiness that contentment brings can be ours if we just desire it and work for it.

No comments: