Wednesday, March 11, 2015

For some reason I have been thinking a lot about my dad today.

I was thinking about Dad a lot today.  I think it started when Elisabeth Bloch came in and laughed.  She has a very distinctive laugh - like my dad did.  When we lived in Frankfurt the first time, my dad would say he was going to the movie, when he was on-call.  If he was needed - they would stand in the back of the theater for a funny part and then zero in on Dad. When Clyde and I moved to El Paso, Texas in 1975 - we were invited to go and see "The Sting" with the Gladys and Vince Olsen at the theater on Fort Bliss.  Clyde and I heard Dad's laugh and said to each other - 'only Dad has that laugh'.  Turned out he was at Fort Bliss to check out the clinic there and decided to go to the movie.  We saw him afterwards.

I think of Dad in the oddest places but mostly I think - I can't wait to share that with Dad and then think - he already knows.

Tomorrow we will wear our masks and I will wear the gloves.  The books are covered in mold and smell for bad.  Anni said she would fix them before we worked on them but we don't have the time for that.  We will take them to her after we finish each book.  We did get 5 very huge books done today and that felt good.

We are giving talks on Sunday, so I was glancing through my journal that I have kept while I was here.  It is a hard topic - what testimonies have I gained and experiences have I had that have helped me grow closer to the Lord.  I could talk forever on that subject.

No comments: