Monday, March 21, 2011

What I love...

This picture is taken from a very scratched up negative.  But, what I love about this picture is that it is a typical outing with Mom when she was feeling good.  We are in the Botanical Gardens in San Antonio.  We rented strollers.  Popi is pushing Carianne, Clyde is pushing Heather.  From front to back it is Carianne, Popi, Grandma, Me and Clyde that you can see.  Now I think about it, I was probably in the early days of my pregnancy with Heidi, but was not aware yet.  We were there because Mom felt good and had just come off a really bad bout with her illness.  She really wanted to get out of the house and just walk in the beauty of nature.  She also wanted to get some new ideas for her garden.  Popi and Dad wanted to see how fast they could get through it.  It was a wonderful day as I recall.

This is added literally 7 hours after I originally posted.  My sister posted a picture of the same day which made me think.  When I posted this, I thought it was spring, but when I looked at her picture, I realized it had to be late summer or early autumn.  I knew I was pregnant with Heidi because I am wearing a maternity top I wore for all 4 pregnancies.  But then I was trying to think why would we be in a garden in the height of the heat in Texas.  Then it hit me - Mom has just put the pool in and she wanted ideas for landscaping it!  That was why we were there!  It may not be such a big deal to anyone but me but I am glad I solved the mystery of when and why.  I hate not remembering.  Please my children, when I lose my mind, just put me away somewhere quietly where I won't bother anyone!

No comments: