Sunday, March 20, 2011

Oh, So Typical

This is a picture of Carianne at age 4 and Heather age 3, in our first house in San Antonio, Texas.  They are sitting in the Dining Room.  Carianne had just come home from pre-school and they were eating lunch.  (I bet Heather is on - at least - her second change of clothes for the day.  She would change clothes 4 or 5 times a day - for no apparent reason.)  They are looking out the patio door, so they must be discussing their afternoon plans.  What is typical about this picture is Heather's hair.  I was lucky if Heather let me do her hair once a week a this age.  As you can tell from her 'Pippi Longstocking Do' her hair hadn't been done that day at all and I hadn't done it, when it had been done,  because my Mom put in much tighter braids than I did.  I do have to admit that when I finally wrestled her down, between her sobbing and wiggling, I was sometimes a bit rough.  But then she was lucky that all she got was her hair tugged a little bit.  Now it is funny because I am the one that buys my granddaughters the no tangle hair brushes and shampoos.  I SO wish they had had those when my girls were little.

No comments: