Sunday, March 6, 2011

Bella


As I was looking at this picture, I was thinking of the difference between siblings.  By the time Bella was 3 she had had several different hair styles, and her mother was able to style it several different ways.  Her hair is thick like her mothers and fun to do.  Evie, Bella's little sister, has wispy hair and in her first 3 years had so little hair, Heather was afraid to even cut it!  When I saw pictures of my mother and talked to Aunt Norma about it, I found out that after generations of wonderful hair, Evie has my Mom's hair!  How funny is that!  Mom always complained about her thin, hard to style hair.  (I think Anneke may have a bit of this too).   That is in truth, why Mom went to get her hair done every week.  She simply could not do anything with it herself.  When she couldn't afford to do it herself, when I was young,  she kept it in a French Twist or a Chignon with extra hair wrapped in it so it looked fuller.  Those were the only  two styles she could do alone.   (I might add, she did them beautifully, like everything else she did.  Aunt Bernice Hill taught her how.)

No comments: