Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Bob's Blessing Outfit

I was five years old when my brother, Bob was born.  Since he was born in March, he was blessed in April.  In my mind - and maybe it is true, Easter and Bob's blessing were the same day.  This is his blessing outfit but Mom also used it for his Easter outfit and Marianne had her Easter dress on.  My Easter dress matched Mom's but had a fuller skirt.  I wished I looked as good as Mom after I had my girls, but then I didn't wear a girdle.  She wouldn't have been caught dead without one in those days.


In those days we had Fast Sunday on the first Sunday of April.  General Conference was not telecast until I was in my teens and then just for Sunday morning.  It was a big deal when satellite dishes were made available to the buildings so we could watch broadcasts in ward buildings.  Now we can watch or listen to them at home, all over the world, via internet.  How incredible is that!

No comments: