Wednesday, March 9, 2011

My Brother as I Remember Him

These pictures are how I remember my brother when he was young. These were taken when he was about 6.  The top two, he is sitting in one of the kitchen chairs that Marianne and I received as a Christmas Present when I was 4.  We hauled those chairs around until we moved to Ephraim and then Mom gave them away.  She kept recovering the bottoms.  Bob loved guns, loved to run and loved being outside.  He was always in motion.  In those days - being outside and running all day long were perfectly normal. Now it almost seems as if it is a terrible wrong if you send your child out to play all day.  How sad.  The picture of him running is through a maze they would make every year in the Frankfurt, Germany, Zoo.  It was changed every year but was so intricate that even if you went frequently (and we did as children) you would still get lost.  It was 'amazing'!

No comments: