Monday, November 30, 2009

Monday's Heroine


Tomorrow marks our third daughter's 29th birthday. Heidi Noel Bailey Bahlmann came very quietly into the world. She didn't want to bother us and made little fuss. My dad invited me to go to the symphony that evening with my grandmother and him. But before he even got home from the performance, Heidi had made her entrance into the world. When my mom dropped me off at the hospital - she wondered why she was even bothering because she would just be right back to pick me up. Heidi was born before my mother made it home to her house - 10 minutes later. When Heidi was born her long dark eyelashes were plastered to her forehead. The nurse said she looked like she had Christmas stars for eyes. I got my way and Heidi Noel became her name.








This was one of the landmarks in Heidi's life. She had been married for several years and had 2 children by this point but she did as she set out and got her Bachelors degree. We are very proud of her. Pam had received hers that morning (or was it the day before?).


It is easy for me to write about my daughters. They are all four my heroines on the highest order. They are much better mothers and wives than I ever was. I love the fact that they are all best friends and watch out for each other. When there is problem they run to each other and among the 4 of them - a solution is always found. They know which sister to go to for what strength and and they rely on each other for those strengths. All of Heidi's married life, she has had a husband that has been going to school. In the next few years he will have a doctorate - a very admirable thing. They have worked things out so that this part of his schooling she could be home with the children while he goes to school and works 2 jobs. They are blessed to have the jobs and they know it. I could write for another hour or so but I will end here. I love Heidi and I am so grateful that my Heavenly Father saw fit to send her to our family.


Things I am grateful for: Heidi, Heidi's smile, Heidi's ability to see good in anyone, Heidi's laugh, Heidi's testimony and the example she sets in her life of a righteous person.




No comments: