Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Tuesday Book Review







I am now finished with my China Bayles books until Susan Albert Wittig decides to write some new ones. No more escaping to the Texas Hill Country and basking in the hot Texas sun. I am really kind of bummed.


As far as reading anything else - I finished "The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society." I would not have bothered if I hadn't been reading it for book group. However several of those in book group loved the book - so don't take my word for it. I am so biased by a book of nothing but letters that apparently I just could not get past that. I even tried writing notes to try and make sense of it. I went back and read over my notes and they are even more nonsensical than the book! That is definitely not a book I will re-read.


I am now reading holiday books in hopes that I will get struck by the Christmas Spirit. For the first time in my life I could really care less about Christmas and for people that know me - that is not like me at all.


Things I am thankful for: We get to spend Thanksgiving with the Davis's; I live in such a great country; my head hurts less this afternoon than it did this morning; I have the ability to read.



No comments: