Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Tuesday's Book and Movie Review

Okay, I reread "The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society" after I went to book group last week. I listened to everyone who really liked it and decided I had to give it another shake. This was the one and only time that the Kindle was not the way to read the book. This book either needs to be listened to or read in page form because you have to be able to flip back and forth. The audio version is read by 4 different people - so the letters come to life. In fact I still might just listen to it just because it has grown on me that much. So I now say read the book. It is a book that has something for everyone. To be honest - after this reading I have been pondering it and really thinking about what I read. The first time through I didn't even really remember finishing. I was reading several other books at the same time - something I never do. That could be why I wasn't remember what I read.

Yesterday afternoon, Pam and I went to see "New Moon" the newest movie in the Twilight saga. All I can say is, "Yeah, they got it right!" This director is trapped with choices of the last director but the choices he made in this movie were right on the mark. I knew Dakota Fanning was in the movie but I didn't pay attention to who she was playing. When it suddenly hit me that she was Jane, I thought, "Oh, what perfect casting!" They made her up to be a little to mature but her 'little girl' still showed through. Overall I was very impressed. I can see why there are so many that are now 'Jacob' followers. As I recall when the book came out there was a big debate between Edward followers and Jacob followers and it lasted to the end of the series. I was glad I went and tickled I went with Pam.

I have blogged about the "The Percy Jackson" books and said how much I enjoyed them. The movie comes out February 12. Look for the trailers. It looks fun. We are reading "Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief" for book group next month. So far the people that have read it love it.

Things I am thankful for: We are with the Davis's for Thanksgiving, I have an amazing family, I have grandchildren that make me so happy!

No comments: