Saturday, November 14, 2009

My Dad




Today is my very own personal father's - Archie Maynard Brugger's birthday. I am the luckiest person in the world because I had the best parents ever! I had the best growing up years because so much of it was spent as a military BRAT and in Germany. My parents made sure we understood the local cultures and people and for that I will always be grateful. They gave me a strong foundation in the Gospel of Jesus Christ. From the time I was a tiny girl I never wanted to be married anywhere else but in the Temple. Anywhere else was unacceptable. I now realize that if I had settled for less, our marriage would not have lasted because I would have rationalized an easy out. Because of sacred covenants made between my husband, me and my Heavenly Father - it somehow made it a much more important decision and one that I would never take lightly.




My father taught me that love of family was the most important thing we do on this earth. I always knew he loved me and would be there for me. Even as a hard-headed teenager - especially as as hard-headed teenager - I knew that my father loved me no matter what. This kept me from doing some pretty stupid things because I didn't want to shame him.




I am thankful for being the daugher of such great parents and having such a great life because of them.

No comments: