Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Tuesday Book Review


I am really going to have to start doing this blog and saving it as I finish my books. There were a couple of books that I wanted to post about and now I can't remember what they were. I have since returned them to the library - so out of sight, out of mind!
I read Shannon Hales "The Actor and the Housewife" finally. I have been on a waiting list for it since August! Now I wondering what the big deal was. To be honest, she needs to stick to her fairy tale genre. I like "Austenland" but it is not one my favorite books. I doubt I will ever read it again. I know for a fact I will never read "The Actor and the Housewife" again. I just couldn't get engaged in it. I kept waiting to get swept away with it or at least get caught up in the storyline. I never did. Why did I even bother to finish it? Because I kept waiting for it to go somewhere. In other words I couldn't believe that I could be that disappointed in a book. This is my point of view. Someone else might think this is their favorite book ever. I don't want to discourage someone from reading the book simply because I was not enamored with it. We all have different tastes. As I was talking with a good friend the other day, I discovered one of my favorite books was a book she found so dull, she couldn't even finish it. That is why there are so many books out there. There is a favorite or multitudes of favorites for each of us.
I am caught up on the 'Quilter's' series and the Meg Langslow series of books. Now I have to wait for the next ones. I am just about caught up on all of Joanne Fluke's books too. I have just a few more in the China Bayles series but fortunately Susan Wittig Albert has written a whole other series of books with her husband - so I will try those as soon as I finish the China Bayles books. I am also into the Dorothy Cannell books and still reading Carolyn Hart's books and picking up new author's from her books. So as long as I enjoy reading there is plenty out there. I am also reading - when I am in a waiting room, etc., the Anne of Green Gables Series and that has been fun.
I am thankful for doctors, lab work, diet (when I follow it), new converts and investigators.

No comments: